Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 27, 2008, 11:03 PM   #1

Hi everyone.

A while back, I bought a Sony DSC-T1 camera. To be honest, I didn't check many reviews when I got it, and I was more into form than function (the camera is slim as heck, but the photos really don't look that good).

Now, I'm beginning to take an interest in photography; there are a lot of family events and trips coming up that I would like to document, and the DSC-T1 won't cut it for me. I really don't want to spend a lot, probably 200 at the absolute most. I realize that won't get me a ton, but I don't think it will really matter.

Here's the thing. I'm looking for a camera that has AMAZING IMAGE QUALITY, AND TAKES CLEAR SHOTS. I don't care if it's bulky, I don't care the name brand, I don't care about the menu/UI, etc. All I want is great image quality, at an affordable price.

Am I asking for too much? I mean, I've seen some 8-10 megapixel cameras on amazon for cheap, so I don't think so. I looked at that list of Steve's best digicams in every category, and it still didn't help as there were still a variety of choices.

milk is white is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2008, 9:04 PM   #2

The "best buy" among digicams today, in my opinion, is the Panasonic LZ-8 at $149 (at www.buydig.com) with free shipping. It offers a great value for a camera with great zoom, 8 mp, and even a manually set WB if you desire.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote