Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:35 PM   #1

I'm a bit of a novice so I need a little direction. The last camera I bought (Kodak 3.2mp) left me wanting more. So I'm thinking that these 2 seem to be on the upper end for biz zoom's. I would like some to photograph the kids when in sports hence the zoom. Both seem to have burst modes for sports, how are they? What about the face recognition on the Sony, it claims to be able to detect kids, does it really work that well? Smile recognition too? Image stabilization? Also, one thing I notice on some camera's is the delay from clicking to take the picture, and it actually taking it. Not sure if this is a setting or the camera, but I really don't want that. The Sony didn't seem at all to do, but noticed a bit of hesitation on the Nikon. HELP me make the right choice here...
sheehast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2008, 7:05 AM   #2

The Panasonic FZ18 and Olympus SP570UZ are up there as well. The Panasonic has gotten the best reviews of the four (though to be fair the Sony, Nikon and Olympus are much newer and have had fewer reviews).
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2008, 2:49 PM   #3

I guess I have to take back what I said about the Sony H-50. If you go to the Sony digicam folder and look at th H-50 samples post by Jack55, they look oretty darned good.

Here is a look at one of the posted H-50 samples from Jack55.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote