Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 6, 2008, 12:55 PM   #1

Looking for (ultra)compact point-and-shoot, as fast as possible with flash

I have during the last two - three years been using my Sony DSC-N1 for all my photo needs, landscape photos to party photos. Last fall I sent it for repair cause I felt it would be worth it but it just broke down ones more(this time due to a dust storm). I'm still considering to send it in to get it fixed but it will cost just as much as buying, say a new Sony DSC-W170.

My primary use will be to take photos during parties, so I'm looking for a small camera that I can carry around in my pocket and it should start up as fast as possible and take photos as fast as possible with flash =)...

What I've been doing with my DSC-N1 is to set focus to 3m, forced flash and so on to make the camera "just take" the picture not calculate so much and then just go frenzy with it. With alot of picture you will always get at least a few that are really good, and then, photos from parties/nightclubs with only a compact camera is not high-quality, I just want "fun" photos of my friends.

I hope that is enough information to be able to give me some suggestions.

Holmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2008, 1:41 PM   #2

I've heard goodthings from the Sony T2 (T200) super small, light, looks good, smile shutter so you can take the perfect pic, and it has an added bonus! 5x optical zoom, great for a camera only 2cm thick!

SimmiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2008, 5:04 AM   #3

I have a friend that has the T70 and I feel it's a bit slower than my N1 but not sure if it's just a feeling or perhaps I can increase the speed with some settings. Worth checking the the T200 out though, thanks for the suggestion.
Holmen is offline   Reply With Quote