Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 20, 2008, 10:16 AM   #1

This thread is now closed.

WhichDSLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2008, 2:39 PM   #2

A sensible compromise would be to remove the mirror & pentaprism on a dSLR (any body size you like), and replace them with a live-previewEVF, with the eyepiece in the same place.

Unless you really liked 'chimping' and showing pictures to the family, the LCD screen could be dispensed with altogether to minimise energy consumption and battery weight. You need a dark place to see it properly anyway. It'd bepossible to review images in the EVF, and even examine quality if you zoomed the image.

The viewfinder would then be 'what you see is what you will get' followed by 'what you see is what you got', instead of the current 'what you see is quite similar to what you might get if you and the camera agree on the settings'.

If & when these elements of advantage & disadvantage are combined at a decent price, I might consider upgrading to a dSLR(EVF), as a 'best' camera, because then I wouldn't lose any facilitiesfrom my compact superzoom, and for little weight increase I'd gain enormously in image quality.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 5:10 PM   #3

I see that you're still not getting the point, despite my comments in the other threads you started like these before I banned that member name:

Best Professional Digital SLR Cameras

Which Digital SLR is Right for You?

Here are new topics I see you've started under a new member name of WhichDSLR (and your web site has now been removed from your profile and is still being filtered in forum posts here), even after being warned that we don't allow members to use our forums for self promotion:

Digital SLR vs. Traditional Digital Camera

Which Digital SLR is Right for You?

Best Professional Digital SLR Cameras

Best Entry-Level Digital SLR Cameras

I will be locking and/or removing these new topics.

We're not going to tolerate this kind of behavior here. I've suspended your new member name's posting permissions, and removed your web site address from it's account. Please do not include your web site address in any future profiles or posts here.

If you can't participate in our forum community without self promotion (for example, starting unsolicited threads about what cameras are better choices), using member names with profiles that point to your web site (with links to purchase cameras you're suggesting), then do not post here at all.

We do not appreciate Forum Spam

This thread is now closed.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote