Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 7, 2008, 8:46 AM   #1

I've been looking unsuccessfully for the past 2 months for a handheld digital camera with a non-telescoping lens. I want to be able to directly connect the camera (via a usb type cable) for direct transfer of pictures after they are taken. I have found some alternative devices that will accomplish a similar task but none are ideal. I have tried the eye-fi card for direct wireless transfer and i also purchased the nikon s7c and the nikon s52c (for ad-hoc transfer) but none of these methods worked perfectly. I simply need to be able to take the picture and have it directly transferred onto my computer.

If anybody has some suggestions on cameras that can possibly do this it would be very much appreciated. The smaller the camera the better and it needs to have a non-telescoping lens. I know the exact camera may not exist but any input is great.
Brian_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2008, 9:32 AM   #2

Almost any webcam will do what you want.

They vary in resolution and other features, but all of them stores their images on the PC.

Most can take shots at predetermined intervals and/or at motion detection. Some even pan, tilt and zoom.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote