Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 11, 2008, 1:58 AM   #1

Name is gary from Australia on the Darling river, plenty good pics to take in Outback!

I want to buy a camera idealy that would take squarish photos of nature like portrate size that can be blown up and framed!

Although not exactly what I want am looking at PanasonicLUMIX DMC-TZ15 TZ5 DIGITAL ? can the 16x feature be used for photos as described without noticable deteriation?

I realy only have a few hundred to spend so far and this camera is priced far to high for my budget at this stage but the pixel count is good, I am not a photo expert but my math is good and tells me I would achieve good size photo based on 300 DPI.

Any surgestions on cameras with good lense and 8 to 12 MP with optical zoom.

? What about Fujifilm? any good, have they good lense quality? I see an 8MP 18x zoom, no specs yet for this one?

Me Mum bought a Sony about 7mp 10x optical I think? Get back with better detail as I might be wrong but about $280 on special!

Finaly were is the best place to buy, any surgestion, I am in Australia and not all sellers ship to us from US for example?

I see some people say they found a supplier from this site, I am still looking were such links etc are so if you can leave info to help me find my way would be good.

Unfortunatly I do not have internet so go to public computer access to use net, hence I may not be here if you just ask me another question! Please leave some advice of any kind if you can so I can make my visits more productive.

Regards Gary

gaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links