Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 16, 2008, 1:57 AM   #1

i want to shoot short tennis video clips 1 minute or less and play them on quicktime on a laptop next to the court and then post some of them on my website and i am getting confused as to buying a camera. i want to have a good quality clip but not to difficult to transfer over which format is best and which cameras should i consider any help would be appreciated thank you
mnostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2008, 6:49 PM   #2

Welcome. I've moved your thread down to our What Camera Should I Buy? Forum, where members are more likely to see it and offer suggestions.

You may also want to ask your questions in our Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams Forum, where you'll find members that are more familiar with various video formats, and can give you some tips their pros and cons.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 5:30 PM   #3

Avideo camcorder will be more suitable unless you need a "stills" camera for other reasons. For tennis, you will want a reasonable zoom for recording stroke play from the back of the court, and most compacts offer only 3x zoom. A tripod gives better quality video and then a remote control is handy.

A Stills/video camera gives you the ability to view clips on a laptop (assuming your laptop has a card reader), but more camcorders can also now record to flash memory for easy transfer. If you do use a tripod, you'll need to be able to remove the flash memory easily. With both stills/video cameras or camcorders with flash memory, I would avoid the high definition video due to the difficulty of playing clips on PCs. Standard definition video will be fine.

Before spending money, it would be worth borrowing a camera/camcorder and trying out the recording and transfer to the laptop for immediate viewing - it will help you choose between camera/camcorder and then you can research the different models within your budget.

1eyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote