Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 19, 2008, 1:21 PM   #1

Ok... so, I love to go on road trips, and not exactly to "roads" hehe... I'm a 4x4 enthusiast and I currently have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 and I love that thing!!! it takes beautiful pictures, awesome vid's and I absolutely love the 6x Optical Zoom on this little camera...

but I have a problem, since I love my 4x4, and my 4x4 loves the dirt, rivers, beaches, rain forest and especially the MUD I think I have to upgrade to a Waterproof, Dustproof camera... It doesn't have to be Shockproof or Crushproof (I think I've never drop it once) so those aspects really aren't important...

I do need some good quality video, here the W60 beats the 1030 SW cause it can record long clips (the 1030 SW is limited for 10 sec. in best quality)...

But that as far as my camera tech knowledge goes... I really need help on more tech aspects on this 2 cameras, so please if anybody has any of these 2 cameras please help me decide...

thanxs to everyone!!!!

here you have some pics of my 4x4 so this doesn't get boring...

yes I am some sort of tech/4x4/GPS freak hehe...

nelsongruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2008, 4:38 PM   #2

Most folks looking for a dustproof/waterproof camera seem to opt for the Pentax W-60. Steve did a recent review of the camera, you might want to check that out. Here is a sample phot from the W-60.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote