Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:23 PM   #11

As an amateur photographer, I wanna extend my knowledge on photography both creative and technical. Photo samples I ve posted are not mine obviously my aim was to show types of photography I like (urban &rural landscapes,sun settings,etc.) Because tt the moment I can only take photos with my simple P&S camera which has limitation. On the way of better photos, I would like to take the opportunity of todays new talented digicams with tips (some digicams have tips on screen) for better photography included in the machine (ex:shake resistance features, face detection, intelligent auto, etc) on hand, while I can experiment with manual features so that I can extend my technical knowledgeon the long run.

Now,I want to ask clear question: As I have mentioned earlier,I have doubts about these gizmos (tips OR features) Are they really helpful for amateur like me ? (while I get used to new machine with manual features)

Thanks A lot
hahabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 2:27 PM   #12

In the world of photography we only get more proficient by taking photos and progressively gaining more and more experience, which improves our photos.

Here is a camera that I would like you to take a look at in some detail. It is the Kodak Z-712 camera. It has 7.2mp, 12X optical zoom, IS, and fully manual and fully automatic controls. It is one of the best cameras that Kodak has made. Best of all it is available on the internet right now for less than $(US) 200.00.

My feeling about adding more and more features (like tips and face recognition) is that they just provide something more to go haywire in the camera. Perhaps that feeling is based on my experience.

Sarah Joyce

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote