Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 8, 2008, 4:36 AM   #1

hi all.. though ti'd ask on here for some opinions..

need a sub £200 HD camcorder , mainly for in flight vids of hang gliding, so needs to be solid state only due to shocks etc.

Image quality isnt massively important, but i would like HD for sure, and it needs to be light, a tripod mount is a must.

Currently its down to two.. the praktika DVC 5.1 http://www.harpersphoto.co.uk/produc...tal_camcorder/ (mega cheap as its now quite old), and the Xiacti HD700. I need recording with the LCD shut as well, ideally. Iknow the HD700 can do this with the screen facing out, bot not sure about the praktika.

Anyone any advice or experience of either? Have checked vimeo for sample vids and both look good (why is vimeo so jerky??) , but the Praktika , in my limited experience, has better quality, i think.

freeflyer56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2008, 8:45 AM   #2

You may have better luck with your question in the Hybrid/Still/MP3 Digicams forum here:

There is also a Sanyo forum here with posts about the HD700:

blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 2:31 AM   #3

I think it will help you a lot if you check out the camcoder ratings of the various items that meet your requirements. This will give you a clue regarding the qualities of the products you're considering and can help you decide which one to select. And what's more, there are expert reviews that you can skimmed through and be adequately inform of the said products. I hope this helps. Good luck.
redlow is offline   Reply With Quote