Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 29, 2008, 5:44 PM   #1

Hi I have been researching cameras and have become totally confused. Basically I want to update my 8yr old kodak. I would be using it for family holidays and my daughters activities (ballet,gymnastics) I would like a decent zoom well more than 3x which i have at present. I also want one with AA batts, SD card as I have alot of them, and possibly one still with a viewfinder also, although I very rarely use it.

I have come across many canons which is why i am so confused. Here good things then find one bad review. Whats your opinion on the following:

sx 100

thank you
tlal1623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2008, 11:44 PM   #2

Big difference in the size/weight/ zoom range etc of these cameras.

They are all good cameras. But there is a difference.

Just picking one off the list, I would grab the S5 (or the new replacement camera for the S5 coming from Canon the SX-10 IS) because of the long range zoom and ability to add an external flash, both of which could come in use when photographing your daughters.

I could make similar & different strong arguments for every other camera on the list.

I realize that is not a perfect answer, but the answer is the truth... there are no bad cameras on your list.

However, one thing I would consider is the size and weight of the cameras. I love a pocket camera, something I can slip into my pants or shirt pocket. The S5 is not that type of camera, while the A650 and a720 are pocketableand the SX 100 is almost a pocketable.

StevieDgpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2008, 4:31 PM   #3

Hi, I recommand you the Canon G9 setup posted here: http://digitalunderwater.netgoo.org/...-strobe-t3.htm

Delphi76 is offline   Reply With Quote