Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 8, 2008, 6:26 PM   #1

I recently posted on this forum about buying a Nikon D90 or Canon Xsi. Thanks for those that responded.

I am leaning towards the D90 but the price difference is still a little hard to swallow. Then on 1 way photo they have the D90 listed for $649 (body only) and less than a grand for the kit. Or the nikon 18-200 vr lens is $539. So I could buy the D90 with an improved lens for less than most places are selling the kit. They also have the xsi listed for $319 (body only).

Is this legit?? I'm curious to why it would be so much cheaper on this site than anywhere else. It says it comes with the 1 yr USA warranty.

If this is the real deal I probably will get the Nikon with the 18-200 lens. I live in Costa Rica but will be in the States at the end of next week for a couple of days so I want to order ASAP. Thanks in advance for any help.

ps Do you think getting the 18-200 vr lens is a good idea compared to the kit lens? It will be the only lens I buy for at least a few months.
bryanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2008, 6:50 PM   #2

Always go to www.resellerratings.com to check out the trustworthiness of etailers offering super discounts.

Go here for the rating of your store: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/1_Way_Photo

Doesn't look good. I wouldn't give them my money.

Sometimes stores have super great deals on clearance items. However, if a store is offering most or all of itscameras at unbelievable prices, it's probably a good idea not to believe them.

Such stores might run off with your money without selling you the item you ordered. They might require you to buy accessories at exorbitant prices.

Reputable stores I would buy from include buydig, jr photo, and newegg.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote