Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 12, 2008, 8:33 PM   #1

I think I've narrowed down my search based on my needs to these three cameras, the Panasonic FZ28, the Sony Cybershot H50 and the Olympus 570UZ, they all have sufficient zoom power that I'm interested in, decent macro capability and all in my price range.
I plan on this being my holiday camera so that I can get some decent pictures of landscapes, cityscapes, wildlife while using the zoom lens and to a lesser extent some macro pictures and indoor pictures. I'm not really planning on utilizing the video mode that much but that may change as I've never had that option before.

All three cameras seem to have that capability and from reading all the reviews I could find, I'm having a hard time deciding between the three.
Is there some perc that will make one of these better then the rest or are there known performance issues, common problems, technically more difficult to use that I should avoid on any of these?? Or is there something else out there??

Rogerstj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2008, 8:20 AM   #2

IMO the Panasonic FZ-28 and the Sony H-50 should be near the top of your list I own the Oly SP-560, the FZ-28 and the H-50 cameras as I really like ultra zooms. If you don't need a high ISO/low light level capability, you could save some money by adding the FZ -18 to your list.

Here is an FZ-28 sample photo.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2008, 10:40 AM   #3

I have the FZ28 and had the SP-560. Like Sarah, I really like the FZ28. However, the FZ18 is selling for a lot more than the FZ28 online. You can get the FZ28 for much less than $300 online while the FZ18 is over $335. The SP-570 has had mixed reviews. I like its very slightly wider 26mm wide angle setting. Others like its zoom ring.Sill others like its hotshoe for external flash units. It costs a bit more than the the FZ28.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote