Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

View Poll Results: Which one would you buy?
None 0 0%
Aiptek 1080p 0 0%
Sanyo HD100 1 100.00%
DXG-595V 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 16, 2008, 6:55 PM   #1

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to decide between the three models listed above for a christmas gift for someone who wants HD. Obviously, I can't afford anything above 200 so I can't get one of those fancy HD cameras.

I found this forum using google as I was researching the DXG cam and have gone through all 23 pages of that camera's review and was impressed by some of the sample videos (though that site vimeo started crashing on me after a few views). I'm halfway through the Aiptek review and looking through some Sanyo threads.

My question would be if you had to buy one of the three which one would it be and why?

Also, at this price point would it be better to buy say a Mini DV standard definition camcorder (some of those are in a similar price range) or would the picture quality regardless of whether it's true HD be better with these camcorders.

Thanks in advance for any help, I found most other sites to be pretty condescending to these models and all giving scathing reviews, but the reviews and videos on this site give a much more balanced story.
speedballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links