Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:05 PM   #11

mtclimber wrote:

The suggested Panasonic FZ-28 is an excellent all around camera in a very small package. It handles all light conditions nicely with a Leica lens and it is well priced.

A lot of folks complain that most cameras have a limited flash range. Here is a photo taken with the FZ-28 at 30 feet. I dded a slave flave that I bought for $5 at a swap meet and now can tke photos up to 45 feet away.

In the final analysis, it is all up to you. You know your needs best.

Sarah Joyce
I must agree with you.
But the only problem is that this "well priced" camera is OVERPRICED in our country - the best price i could find here was over 470$
And i have no one in other countries who could buy one for me and send it here to save at least some money.
I checked prices at USA stores and was shocked to see that the price is at least 1.5 times smaller for all models there...
hogl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:01 PM   #12

Well now you have added another condition. How about the widely sold Canon cameras?

Take a look at the new Canon A-2000 which offers a lot for its price of $179.95 (at B&H). Unfortunately you have never told us in what country you reside, so I cannot guess at the price in your country. However, using the 1.5 additive factor you mentioned that would make your price around: $260.00

It has a 3" LCD screen with a 230K density which is excellent. It is 10mp and it has 6X optical zoom. Best of all it is small and sleek so that it will fit ina pocket or a woman'spurse very easily.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote