Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

View Poll Results: Which camera has the best image quality?
Canon SX10 0 0%
Panasonic FZ28 1 100.00%
Sony H50 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 4, 2008, 9:50 AM   #1

I'm trying to decide based on image quality now between these cameras... it's hard to tell... I was comparing some sx10 to fz28 and the Canon's looked crisper/clearer in some, not so much on others... what's everyones opinion of which of these 3 have the best image quality (color, crispness, least fuzzy/distortion) in terms of your standard shooting indoor/outdoor with no added flashes and stuff... just what the standard package brings to the table... on comparable photo settings.
Mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2008, 9:55 AM   #2

I have had the FZ28 for about a month. I am impressed by its image quality. The SX10 I handled in a store and took some shots with my own SD card. My impression is that the FZ28 shots were less noisy at the same ISO settings. I don't know about the H50.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:26 AM   #3

Image Quality is, in my opinion, partly subjective, and partly objective. It is also influenced by photo sharpness for me. So I really don't know that there is a truly definitive answer.

As I mentioned before to you, I am a professional digital camera instructor, and am currently working with the Olympus SP-560, the Nikon P-80, the Sony H-50, and the Panasonic FZ-28. It is just my opinion, but I actually, like robbo,prefer the FZ-28 as the best all around camera with excellent image quality.

Here is a photo taken at 8:00am from the back deck. You can investigate the detail from foregroun to background. Then if you want I will provide an H-50 sample.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:31 AM   #4

Yes, I know it's going to have a subjective aspect... thats why I was asking since some of you have greater experience and likely know what to look for quicker than I in comparison shots of the same subject... cameralabs.com had a few photos of fz28 vs sx10 for a long zoom in on a river/grassy area and a snow capped mountain peak... the sx10 appeared crisper on those but I looked on the fz28 picks for othe shots and they had better/equal on some other photos... i'm still learning the iso/lighting/aperature/etc stuff and how it affects the image...thks for the feeback
Mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote