Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 5, 2008, 3:53 AM   #1

I've been reading some of the posts on what they call "hybrid" cameras that offer both good stills and good videos. I was wondering if you guys know of a digicam with that captures great video under low light with great zoom. I know this may seem to be a job of a real camcorder but I was just wondering if there already exists one as a digicam. If you already own one I would appreciate if you post some samples that we could view. No additional lights pls just the digicam itself.

I've seen some videos of the Flip Mino in low light or night time on youtube, and it looks great. Problem is I don't know if the lights in the scenes are the ones that affect the quality of the video.

Hope you can help me out. Dont have enough money to shell out for two seperate gadgets. Thanks!
hanapcamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2008, 3:58 AM   #2

I would like to emphasize on low light and optical zoom. At least 5x optical zoom. My Canon A470 when zooming in at low light you won't see anything that much anymore.
hanapcamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2008, 9:24 AM   #3

While it has always been a great, but elusive dream to have a camera that takes both excellent still shot and excellent video footage, that goal had never been achieved.

Yes, as you move up the food chain to cameras like the S-5 and the new SX-10 you can get good video and good (notice that I did not say excellent) still shots, but you also lind limitations on ISO settings that made the cameras not really capable of low light and zooming.

Perhaps it is still yet to come.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote