Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 23, 2008, 8:58 AM   #1

:?I just bought my sister a Canon PowerShot SD1100IS 8MP Digital Camera for Christmas. Meanwhile she has been making arrangements to try on wedding dresses at a Bridal shop on the 24th of January. I am a shut-in and can't be there but she desperately wants my opinion on the dresses she tries. Is there any way that we can do this?

She's checked with the Bridal Shop and they don't have wireless internet connection on site so we can't do it via webcam. Can you help us?

Sorry if this is a silly question but I don't know what the heck I'm doing and I thought that perhaps we could do something with her camera and my Blackberry. She lives in Minnesota and I'm in New Jersey.

Thank you.
maggieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2008, 11:32 AM   #2

If you want simultaneous viewing, and don't want to use a webcam, I don't know what to suggest. But, otherwise, she could post shots taken of her wearing various dresses (taken by a store clerk or friend) on the web and you could review them and give her feedback then. I use photobucket. Picasa has free web posting. There are many others.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:01 PM   #3

Actually, that just might be a new marketing angle for wedding shops. Having a live viewing ability via the web for their customers to have their sister, grandma, aunt, and whomever else - be able to view and comment.

On the other hand, since my wife has watched a couple of episodes of some wedding shop show on TV, maybe that would be the absolutely last thing the shop owner would want to do. Already too much indecision...... and too many comments.
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote