Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 2, 2009, 5:20 PM   #11

"Yes, you are correct, the A590 has too much shutter delay that you will lose a good photo opportunity."

Who are you talking to? I don't see any complaints in this thread regarding shutter delay. The OP had a concern regarding flash recycle time, not shutter lag.

"Many of them are on the "take" and will write whatever the wealthy billion dollar manufacturer wants them to write ..."

Name three professional reviewers that you can prove are on the "take". OK, just name one...
Can't do it, can you? Didn't think so.

"Read the user reviews on amazon."

Let's do that...

As of 6PM today, there were a total of 408 reviews of the A590IS on Amazon. 273 gave 5-star ratings...94 gave 4-star ratings - that means, 367 reviewers out of 408 gave a better than average review - hey, that's 90%, not bad. I'd be willing to bet that most of the 15 people who gave less than a favorable review don't have a clue as to what they're doing. Maybe that's your problem (?).

Shutter lag too long? Did you ever considering pre-focusing? When pre-focused, the shutter lag has been clocked at 0.068 seconds, which is pretty fast. You want faster? Consider a $7000 DSLR, not a $100 P&S.

In one of your other posts, you complained about not being able to get it out of your pants fast enough, due to the size...

I have no comment.

The Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote