Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 17, 2009, 9:03 AM   #21

I did end up getting the FZ28. Haven't had much time to do much more than shoot in iA or P mode.

Thanks for all the advice. It was very helpful.
Wrightone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:09 AM   #22

Edit: Didn't see that you already made your purchase till after I wrote my post. Hope you have lot's of fun..sure you will with your new camera. Good shooting !!

I am looking at the Canon G10 right now. For my purposes, if I get this camera, I plan to use it as a daily carry around. I would use this camera, if I get it, mostly in the daytime and the ISO settins would be primarily from about 80 to 200.

I like it because from what I've seen the pictures seem very good for a small, essentially P + S that can has a number of settings...another thing I like...to be able to have some creative control ...not always automatic.

I have a Pentax K10D with a 55-300, 16-45, 50 f 1.4, 35-105 and 50 Macro....all Pentax lenses. This camera handles every photographic challenge I've faced so far, extremely well. But it's heavy and carrying around the bag on a daily, everyday basis is too much for me....I'm no spring chicken.

I want a top notch small...easy to carry camera to carry every day. The Canon G10 looks like it would fufill that purpose for me. I used to carry around a small Olympus clamshell or my old Leica in the film days...but I want a small digital...with settings and good picture capable.

I do have a Panasonic DMC8...good camera...Leica lens, etc....but a little too automatic for my tastes.

I'm not familiar with the Panasonic model you were also loooking at for your choice between the G10. I'll have to check it out.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote