Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:25 PM   #1

I am looking for a digital camera for my 83-year-old father. He would like one with a view finder. I think he also needs one that has a large screen, is simple to use, buttons that are easy to see, and preferably one with buttons that are bigger than normal (he has big fingers). I'm not sure if there is something out there for him, but he used to take a lot of pictures when he was younger and would like to continue now, but he has a hard time with the smaller features on most digital cameras.

Thanks for your help.

jiaozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2009, 8:31 AM   #2

There aren't many cameras made with a viewfinder anymore.

The Canon A590is has a small viewfinder. There are larger cameras, known as ultrazooms, that have larger viewfinders that may suit your father better. They are considerably more expensive than the Canon A590is, though. The Nikon P80, Kodak Z1015 and Panasonic FZ28 are three ultrazooms that are lightweight, have clear menus and are easy to handle.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2009, 4:24 PM   #3
Default Five Best Digital Cameras for Elderly

I commend you for taking care of your father's needs and taking the time to find out what is best for him. You might want to take a look at the Sony Cybershot DSC-S950 10MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom with Super Steady Shot Image Stabilization and the Canon PowerShot SD1200IS 10 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD, both of which were highly rated in the www.ElderGadget.com recent review of digital cameras for the elderly, "Top Five Digital Cameras for the Elderly." You can read the full article at http://eldergadget.com/products/prod...r-the-elderly/. You may also want to look at PcWorld's "Point and Shoot" digital camera guide for more information about what is available today.

Good Hunting,
EJ for www.ElderGadget.com
Your Source for News and Reviews of Elder Friendly Products
eldergadget is offline   Reply With Quote