Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 4, 2009, 3:26 AM   #1

im really confused there are so many stuff to choose. and wouldthank you a lot if you guys can help me out.

i need a small camera, most for travelling shoting on the beach on bars shoting mates and shotig view.

im not looking for professinal photos but i want my camera to produce sharp and good photos.

im thinking about canon but i dont know what model should i get.

im thinking about

SD 1100

what are you gurs recommend?

thank you very much
inone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2009, 1:36 PM   #2

I'm not even seeing those other models in a narrowed search at newegg.com nor at adorama.com--except for the SD1100, which only has a 3x optical zoom. If you want to catch good pictures of stuff while you're travelling, on the the beach and of your friends...you'll not be well-served by only a 3x optical zoom.

What kind of money are you looking to spend? The one Canon I was really impressed with (if you MUST have Canon) was the SX110, which has a 10X optical zoom and will run around $210 (but now there are other more recent models that could be had possibly for better prices if you price match them with http://www.pricegrabber.com). However, you can get just as much camera for less $ if you go Kodak or Panasonic Lumix. The Kodak line will have the same kind of automatic + manual features as the Canon and the picture quality will be about the same (like the z812, but there are more recent models with the same 12x zoom).

I just remembered about Cameralabs.com having a 'best of' guide, so here it is for compacts (http://www.cameralabs.com/buyers_gui...l_camera.shtml). Of the Canons, the best may be (considering a nice optical zoom) the A2000 IS.
fotografo35 is offline   Reply With Quote