Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 13, 2009, 5:02 PM   #1

hello, i live in france and i want to buy a hybrid camcorder for holidays use, so not intensive shouting, im torn between aiptek z500 (europeen version, in us i think its
Action-HD - 1080P High Definition Camcorder w/ Optical Zoom) and xacti hd800 , i read many posts and saw videos but i couldnt make my choice, and is hd800 worst than hd700? people say there is no improvement? so wich one do you advice me to buy? and wich one has better battery life?
i know hd 800 have 5x optical zoom and aiptek only 3
and hd800 can shout still images when recording.

As another member like you wants a quick response Lol, not at you.

I shall give you my opinion in a short simple note.

camera to get sanyo xacti hd 700 bells andwhisltes sterio sound........

you preferre cmos the 800 ccd 700, not interested in face detection or a extra meg of a fixed lens barrel

action HD z500 I say look more at the sanyo vcp-hd100, known as svp 5000, or hitachi model overseas, you get again a lot lffeatures about the same price.

rather have poorsound and no manual.

batt life are all the same on these 50 mins

I own the sanyo xacti HD700 I will recommend that camera only thing I do not like is MP4 files my pc can handle but one ortwo programs cannot.

thanks for response, sorry i have just seen that there is section for camcorder choice, i didnt see that the forum is bigger because i folowed a link to that section, Nevertheless i didnt really understand what you said is cmos better than ccd lens? because its the major difference between hd800 and 700 but how do you class the 3 by video quality rating?
mlkwestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links