Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 15, 2009, 11:04 AM   #1

I used to have an Olympus C-2100, which took absolutely amazing low-light photos. I I have since "upgraded" to a Canon S1-IS and currently an S2-IS. Both take very good photos, but are worthless in low-light conditions (and don't get me started on the lousy lens cover).

Anyway, I'm ready for a new camera. I don't want an SLR because of the bulk, but I would like as powerful a zoom lens as I can get. And this time, I absolutely must have a camera that takes good low-light photos like my C-2100 did.

I've had my eye on the Olympus SP-565UZ or SP-570UZ, both of which are 10MP (much more than I need) and 20x zoom. To tell you the truth I don't even know what the difference is between the two.

Can anyone comment on these cameras or recommend others I didn't list?
AcornMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2009, 12:12 PM   #2

I had the Olympus C-2100, which was very good camera. Its highest ISO setting was 400 as I recall. My favorite camera now is the Panasonic FZ-28. I had the Olympus SP-560, which was pretty good camera. However, the FZ-28 is much better in low light in my opinion. Check out its review on dpreview for somebody else's opinion.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2009, 1:02 PM   #3

And here's the link to dpreview's very recent comparison test of non-DSLR megazoom cameras, which include the latest from Panasonic, Canon, Olympus, Sony and Nikon:

I advise you to read the entire review and look at the comparison photos before drawing any strong conclusions. Don't just jump to the summary page.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote