Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 4, 2009, 5:37 PM   #1

I have narrowed it down between three camera's, all Canon, all in the same price range.

Canon Powershot SD1100 IS

Canon Powershot SD880 IS

Canon Powershot A2000 IS

I've read the reviews and I'll be honest, I'm still quite confused. I'm not a professional photographer, nor do I need professional quality photos. However, I am a mom and pictures of my family are important to me. I want them to be bright, vibrant and clear. The largest I will be blowing up pics is 8x10. I have older kids (almost 10 and 14), they are involved in sports so there will be action pics, there will be everydayindoor and outdoor pics, family shots, vacation pics, (all with normal and low light), simple portraits, etc.I guess I'm just your run-of-the-mill point and shoot camera user. Of course Idon't want along shutter lag, and I don't believe that will be a problem with any of these. A burst mode will be nice, and I believe all 3 of these fit the bill for that. I read in one review that the A2000 IS does not have a viewfinderother than the LCD screen. I do not remember reading that fact on the other 2 camera's I've listed, however when I view pics of the backside of the camera I do not see a viewfinder.

I am hopeful that someone with more knowledge than I can help me decide which direction to go. I appreciate any help/opinions.
picture taker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2009, 6:35 PM   #2

The SD1100 is the only one of the three with an optical viewfinder. How important is that to you? If it is a major requirement, then you have your answer. However, the SD880 has the Digic4 image processor, while the other two have the older Digic3 processor. The SD880 also has the widest angle lens at 28mm (equiv), which is very important to many folks. Here is an unusual review on the SD880;

The A2000 has the longest zoom reach at 6x optical.

denncald is offline   Reply With Quote