Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 25, 2009, 9:23 AM   #1
Default Need some advice on a new video recorder

Hey everyone! Here is my delimma. Was at a friends house over the weekend and viewed a cool wedding video... and thought dang, my fiance and I plan to have a destination wedding in August but we don't have a video recorder. I, on the other hand, do have a Sony DSC-H7 and love it. I forgot that it does take video, but I noticed that it sucks that I can only take video as long as there is enough light.

So, I am looking around to find a cheap, but good video recorder to use on the trip as well as future backpacking and road trips. I spied a little, used Jazz hdv 178 for sale and after reading your reviews, looks like it would be a great cam to have.

My question: What do you guys think? I am not an expert so I am a little stumped from all of the different name brands. I want a cam under $200, HD preferred, good recording time (around 2 hours max) before I have to put in a new memory chip, durable, and easy to use. Should I just buy a 16gb memory card for my Sony, or should I look into the Jazz or Flip UltraHD?

Hope someone can help. Thanks for your time!
javid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links