Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 14, 2009, 9:53 AM   #1
Default Something for video and pictures of family days out

Hi there. Not sure if I should be posting here or in the hybrid section, as essentially that's what I am looking (please move mods if that's the case).

I'm looking for something for mainly filming the kids on a day out, where I can get decent video footage (HD preferable), and half decent photo's. they don't have to be overly good still images, but acceptable for looking at on a PC / TV and for printing at about 7 x 5 max.

As it's of the kids, then it needs to have a quick reaction time for still images as well I guess, as they are always on the move!

I don't really want to spend more than 250 to 300, and have been looking at Aiptek Z700 (or GVS) and the Sanyo CG10. Can't decide which one. Or can't decide of either! I've aso noticed the Samsung WB500 (or 550) but that seems to have focusing issues. Also the Panasonic TZ7, but that's possibly a bit expensive (I want to get SD and spare battery as well). The only thing with these is, I am not sure if using a 'classic' camera shap for video will be OK or not.

Unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

sfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links