Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 5, 2009, 9:24 PM   #1
Default I can't believe I didn't realize this

I bought the Panasonic DMCZS1... I must've gotten confused as I thought it was a step up from the TZ5 or TZ6... with all the flip flopping of numbers and letters-

This camera doesn't have VIDEO! Why??? The ZS3 does!! I guess I thought they would all have it now, I don't know what I was thinking and didn't check

I have the Canon PowerShot S3 IS and love it, except for the bulk of it- I wanted to buy something in addition to it that I could take hiking and just out running around. Something small and easy. I know video isn't a necessity, but I don't want to settle.

Though Cannon is my favorite brand, I was drawn to the Leica lens and the other options this Panasonic had to offer. It was getting wonderful reviews. The image stabilization, the telephoto magnification... the wide angle.

I hope I can return this, even though I charged the battery up and opened it all up.

Does anyone recommendations of other camera to get that I would be happier with? The one problem I have is I am on a very limited budget- I have lost my job and it was my one gift to myself.
Clax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2009, 9:55 PM   #2

Is this the camera you bought? http://www.dpreview.com/news/0901/09...nasonictz6.asp

If so, it is supposed to have video.

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2009, 11:29 PM   #3

The mode dial has a black icon that looks like a piece of film - after the scn (scene) icon. That's your video mode.
Panasonic FZ28
Canon A720is
Sanyo Eneloop Batteries
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:30 PM   #4

Okay, now I feel even more foolish LOL- this is what I get for puttering around with the camera while curled up in bed after 4th of July

The Operating Instructions booklet are for both the ZS3 and the ZS1. The ZS3 has a separate button, much like my Canon S3 IS. I am not used to the condensed nature of everything. When I did not see the dedicated button I just jumped to the conclusion I got the "lesser" model that did not carry it!

Thank you so much for your replies!!!
Clax is offline   Reply With Quote