Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:34 PM   #1
Default Still shopping for a camera...thoughts on this?

Still shopping for a camera. Novice stuff - just pics of the kids, family, etc. Not much more than that. Both indoor and outdoor...probably minimal action shots (other than my kids not sitting still!!! LOL!)

Seems like a great deal....thoughts? Should I still shop around?

I'm not one that needs the latest and greatest, but would like a decent camera. I know I want a "bulky" one (versus a slim/small version)...I just like the feel of a larger camera.
Nanseev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:21 PM   #2

Do you know what? I own both the Kodak Z-980 and the Kodak Z-1012 IS cameras. In actual use, I use the Z-1012 IS (less than $(US) 200.00) much more than the Z-980. You are probably interested to know why. Well, the Z-980 is too darned big. Yes, it has lots of zoom, but the 12X optical zoom is really, in most cases, is enough for me.

So I would think about the decision a bit more. Saving the $(US) 100.00 could buy the accessory items that you will need with a new camera.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:43 PM   #3

That is a very good buy on the Kodak Z 980. If you like the feel of a large camera it will probably give yor good service.

I tend to agree with Sarah. The greatest camera in the world sitting at home isn’t much use when a photographic situation arises. I have found that the camera you always have with you takes a lot more photos than the great one you just unlimber for the specific task of taking photos.

If you wouldn’t normally carry a smaller and less competent camera you should consider the Z980 deal from Costco.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote