Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 6, 2009, 5:43 AM   #1
Default The Mother-in-Law

My mother-in-law had a old easyshare camera, it took rubbish pictures but she liked it as all she did was plug it in and everything copied into the easyshare software where she could browse her photo's - completely idiot proof.

I then introduced her to an IXUS, once again she connected it via USB and it copied everything into the easyshare software, she could browse her photo's and also now preview her avi video directly within the software - FABULOUS.

now is the point where this happy tale goes astray...

I (YES IT'S MY FAULT) suggested she got a SANYO xacti (VPC-CG10E) - so she followed the same tried and tested route but the video's didn't copy off this time - why? because the easyshare doesn't read MP4's which the xacti records in.

Now I appreciate that its a simple task to copy them off and put them in dated folders and then play them in Real Player.

But I was really after a one-stop shop, so software that would allow her to organise and view jpeg's/avi/mp4 - basically the same as easyshare.

I've gone down the route of amending media center, but the codec's make it crash, I've also tried editing registry settings but to no avail.

I didn't get any software with the new xacti so I'm assuming they don't bundle any with the camera.
As anyone got any idea's of an free file management software that support these formats - I don't want to go down the route of converting all her MP4's really?
ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
paulelvisjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links