Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:22 AM   #11

Tullio, is correct-

There are a lot of limitations to the Panasonic ZS1/ZS3 cameras due them have almost no manual controls, and doing so poorly indoors. The Canon SX-200 has a goofy flash that can be easily stowed, but much more manual control. That gives the photographer much more control and ability to adjust to the photo environment.

But if you are a FULLY AUTOMATIC photographer, I have to tip my hat in praise of Panasonic's engineering on the ZS1/ZS3 or TZ-6/TZ-7 cameras if you live overseas. Take this photo for instance, I have taken it in the last 15 minutes with the Nikon D-40 DSLR equipped with the Nikon 12-24mm lens, a Kodak P-880, and now with my ZS-1. On the first two cameras I used the full wide angle and set in -0.7 to -1.0 Exposure Compensation.

The ZS-1/ZS-3 cameras have no Exposure Compensation at all. I was expecting an over exposed phone with my ZS-1 in the fullwide angle-25mm position. I can inside our home to really be able to view the image taken properly. I was amazed! The ZS-1 had automatically compensated for the very bright lighting conditions and look just as good as the two previous cameras. Here is the photo for you to see from the ZS-1 camera.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Last edited by mtclimber; Aug 23, 2009 at 3:55 PM. Reason: to add a photo
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote