Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 15, 2009, 3:15 AM   #1
Default Suggest me what camera right for Learn photography

I want to learn photography and I want to buy a new point & shot digital camera from Bestbuy. I have not too much money, my budget is $150 to $200. Please suggest me 2 or 3 model what camera right for Learn photography with full manual control (Aperture, shutter and exposure control) I found was found canon A590 but it is discontinued.
doncarlosmoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2009, 8:19 AM   #2

Good Morning,

I have a couple of thoughts for you. On the topic of the Canon A590 just because it is discontinued, does not mean that it is still not for sale. It is still available on mail order just about everywhere, there are lots of them, their price has come down. In fact, given that you have a budget (and everyone does) that is the type of camera that you really want to look for, something that you want and is on sale. The camera will still take great pictures, and is still supported by the manufacturer for the next couple of years (for repairs and parts), so there is no risk.

The other thought is something along the lines of, or similar to an A590. I did a search on the "What Camera Should I Buy?" thread and there are quite a few postings on the A590 - its a great camera, along with other cameras that would work for you too...

So I would go read those postings, as I think all the information you are looking for is already there.

hope that helps...
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2009, 9:37 AM   #3

The Canon A-590 is a really excellent camera. I gave one to our daughter for Christmas last year and she loves it. I could not help trying it out a bit when I received the A-590 and I was impressed with it performance.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:42 PM   #4

I bought an A590IS for my wife a month or so ago directly from Canon's eStore for around $100 or so CAD. There are probably still places online trying to clearout their inventory.
dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote