Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 12, 2009, 4:47 PM   #1
Default Sony Cyber-Shot DSCW270B Vs. Any Other Highly Recommended Mid-Range Choices

Hello Fellow Steve Digicam Followers

I had to clear out a few cob-webs in order to remember this website. Anyhow, without digressing any more further i need to pick some 'expert minds' on here.

My sister is entering her motherhood, so therefore has bestow me with the task of finding a good mid-range Digital Camera for you know what; taking pictures of my soon to be nephew

I'm an I.T Professional, to which i've got a fair knowledge of the terminology of features of 'Digital Cameras'. However, i'm looking for a very, robust Mid-Range Digital Camera. I've looked extensively at the following product:

Sony Cyber-shot DSCW270B

I'd read the review for the 'W230' on here, but i wanted to know how much better is above aforementioned, when compared to the 'W230' you'd reviewed on here. The 'W270' has been given some sounded reviews, but would like to hear your honesty pertaining to this product. Or as of course, could suggest another 'top candidate'.

My budget is around 180-190 GBP ($300-$317 USD appx)

I would like to purchase a 'camera' that any 'expert' can highly recommend please a.s.a.p please. As my sister's birth is imminent.

I look forward to the feedback!!!

darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2009, 10:01 PM   #2

I am definitely not the expert you were hoping for. But, FWIW, as a handy baby cam also take a look at the Canon IXUS 95 (aka SD1200).

Kelly Cook
KCook is offline   Reply With Quote