Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 29, 2009, 4:13 PM   #1
Default Compact ultrazooms?

I am looking to purchase a compact ultrazoom camera (min 10x optical zoom). I would also like the camera to have a solid video capacity and be fairly portable. Another important quality I'm looking for is the ability to zoom while in video mode. At this point, I have been looking at the Sony Cybershot H20 and the Casio Exilim H10.

I have had two previous generations of Exilim cameras, because I appreciate the ability to easily toss them in my purse or slip them in my back pocket. I have a very nice DSLR, and have found that on many occasions, I would just rather carry around a lightweight camera rather than a bulky one. However, I have always found the Exilim's to be lacking in image quality, and the video and audio have been terrible.

I haven't read a lot of reviews on the new Exilim, but I'm loving that it has such a fantastic battery life (1000 shots?!). Does anyone have any experience with this camera? Does it have the ability to zoom within the video mode? Has Casio improved in quality at all with this new version? Or would I be better off opting for the Sony Cybershot H20, which I have read some very good reviews on? Any feedback would be appreciated!
acerbicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2009, 10:14 PM   #2

You might be interested in the new Fuji F-70EXR camera. It shoul meet your requirements rather nicely. Here is is a sample photo taken with the F-70EXR in the Extended DR Mode. We have also started an entirely new thread on the Fuji F-70EXR looking at what the camera can actually do.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote