Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 24, 2009, 9:51 AM   #1
Default New T1i - Now Sell G9 and get Pana TZ3?

Thanks to all the earlier advise I am now the proud owner of the Canon T1i with 18-55 and 55-250 IS lenses. Have already started to use it and am really enjoying it.

Now my question is.....should I keep or sell my G9. I purchased the G0 (refurbished through Canon Loyalty) because I was tired of P&S, slow focus, etc. I enjoy the G9, but was still frustrated by the slow focus and now own the T1i.

I can see myself using the T1i more frequently. There are times when I will want a smaller camera however (backpacking, certain travels, etc).

Should I keep the G9, or get something like the Panasonic TZ3 or Canon SX200IS. The Panasonic gets better reviews, but the Canon has manual controls.

I like the focal lenght range of these two cameras but not sure I will be happy, even for snapshot photography...

I also know that no one can answer this for me but would be interested in perspectives.
upsidedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2009, 10:07 AM   #2

If I faced the same decision, I would sell the G-9 while there is still a pretty good market for it. And in the interest of saving some money, I would go with the canon SX-120 ($199 right now).

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote