Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 1, 2009, 7:42 PM   #1
Default another question on canon sx10 is and canon sx20 is

just another quick question. I have been debating between the canon sx20 is and the panasonic lumix dmc-fz38. But have heard the canon does not have as good of quality in the pictures. Some say because the sensor didnt change when it went from 10 to 12 megapixels so that might be it. So I am wondering how the canon sx10 is is? Has anyone compared pictures on these.. I do not care about the HD movie capabilities on the cameras... I really just want good quality pictures I have a camcorder for that. Anyone have opinions on these cameras. I really like the idea of double A batteries with the canon... that is one thing holding me back on the panasonic.
thanks for any replies
lwindhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2009, 10:34 PM   #2

You are correct, Canon opted to just increase the pixel count on the SX-20 imager. The imager size remained the same. Therefore, the SX-10 actually, in some, not all circumstances, produces better image quality than the newer SX-20 camera. It is for that reason that the remaining inventory of SX-10 camera is selling off quickly at almost full list prices.

That image quality problem with the canon cameras, plus the improved IS system available on the FZ-35, and the better image quality on the Fz-35, make the FZ-35 camera in the final analysis, the clearly better choice.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote