Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 5, 2009, 1:04 PM   #1
Default Fuji S5000 vs. S1500

I am thinking of replacing my S5000 camera (it died) with a new S1500. I am building an experimental aircraft and use my camera primarily to document the construction. All of my photos are taken indoors with flash, close up or 10'-15' away. So far I have been pleased with the quality of photos I was getting with my S5000 and I would like it's replacement to provide equal (or better) quality. Does anybody out there have experience with both these cameras?
Fritstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2009, 1:27 PM   #2

Welcome to the Forum. We're glas you dropped by.

The Fuji S1500 would be a definite step down in quality. I would look for a used Fuji S-500 or a S-500 series camera on E-bay. You would get a better deal. If you are willing to change to an SD card look for a Kodak Z-740 which is about the same features and price level of a Fuji S-5000.

Have a great weekend.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Dec 5, 2009 at 1:37 PM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2009, 3:07 PM   #3

I have an S5100 and have some experience with the S1000 (predecessor to the S1500), so I'm close to your experience requirements...

I would have to agree with Sarah, that the S1500 would be a step down in quality. I would, however suggest you look at the S70EXR. A few dollars more than the S1500, but I think it would be an improvement in image quality over both your S5000 and the S1500. Good luck with your search.

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote