Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 14, 2009, 6:39 AM   #11

Not to hijack this thread, but how much bigger is the S1500 compared to the SX-120 when turned off? I might seriously consider the S1500 if it is not much bigger than the SX-120. Not only it is $199, I got a $50 rebate coupon for any Fuji camera. I'm gonna assume they have similar image quality when you put the S1500 in front solely for extended zoom and EVF.

Last edited by chengbin; Dec 14, 2009 at 6:43 AM.
chengbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2009, 9:43 AM   #12

No, I did not put the Fuji S-1500 in front because it was a better camera than the Canon SX-120. I put in front due to the OP's unique travel oriented demands. Travel, generally speaking requires more zoom for those times a traveler stops at a look-out point and the like.

Size-wise the S-1500 is more than twice the size of the SX-120, which I believe exceeds your requirements. We on the Forum make a very serious attempt to really tailor a camera choice to the unique requirements of the Poster.

Have a great day and a Merry Christmas.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2009, 11:15 AM   #13

I appreciate your help! I went with the s1500 and it should be arriving in the next few days. I'll try to post when I get back next year and tell how it performed.
caseyk55 is offline   Reply With Quote