Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 17, 2009, 9:51 PM   #1
Default unsure about my recent purchase

Also a new member to the forum!

Well, I recently bought the Olympus Stylus 7010 camera. I liked it because I want a camera that's pocket-sized, good picture quality (12MP), and a better optical zoom (7x) than the average 3x-4x found on most compact digital cams. However, I am doubting the purchase because I'm not sure about the reliability or quality of Olympus in comparison to Canon or Nikon (because my previous digital camera was also olympus). The only comparable camera, both specification and pricewise was the Nikon Coolpix S630. I'm kind-of interested in trying out a Canon, but I haven't found one that is comparable. Therefore, if I want a Canon, is it worth sacrificing some zoom and paying slightly more for it?

Also to be noted, I'm indecisive by nature, so all comments are very welcome and well appreciated! Thanks in advance!
bloodtypeSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2009, 10:10 PM   #2

Welcome the Forum. We're glad you dropped by.

Unfortunately, while the Olympus DSLR cameras are top notch, the Olympus and for that matter, the Nikon P+S camera lines have sort of moved backwards. They are not what they were 5 to 6 years ago.

The only Canon camera that is comparable to the Stylus 7010 is the Canon SX-200 which has 12X optical zoom in a compact zoom form factor. The SX-200 is a good choice if a smaller camera size is a high priority.

However, if you can adapt to a somewhat larger form factor, the Panasonic FZ-35 is without a doubt one of the premier super zoom cameras, and it is well worth your consideration, offering 18X optical zoom, full image stabilization, with a high quality Leica formula lens. the Fz-35 is a high performance camera.

Have a great day and a Merry Christmas.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote