Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 20, 2009, 8:47 AM   #1
Default Looking for a P&S for the sandbox

I'm helping out a friend who is looking for a camera for his son who is going to be shipped out to Irac shortly after Christmas.

He wants something that is easily carried, not susceptable to sand getting into it, and easily rechargeable. Also cost is kind of a factor.

I was thinking he would be better off with a camera that used AA batteries, which would be alot easier then having to recharge a battery pack, and also a fixed lens which would help with keeping it sealed from the elements. I just don't know which models would fit most of these catagories. That's why I'm looking for your help.

Nikon D7000, D90 W/ 18 - 105 Nikkor, 50mm 1.8 D Nikkor, 55-200mm VRI, and a 35mm 1.8G Lens
Phyxius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2009, 1:31 PM   #2

I agree that a flush lens design would be optimum, but none of those use AA batteries. Least expensive flush lens cameras are by Fujifilm and Olympus. Panasonic also has nice ones, but higher in price. For a semi-rugged AA shooter, I'd look to Panasonic again, these AA models are a lot lower price than the flush lens ones.

Kelly Cook
KCook is offline   Reply With Quote