Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 22, 2009, 10:01 PM   #1
Default Is FZ35 that much better than Sony H20?

I have been researching for the last few weeks and am ready to buy. I am leaning toward either the Sony H20 or the Panasonic FZ35. I mainly take pictures of my 4 kids - inside a lot, outside, soccer games, school events, etc. I currently have my original digital camera which is an Olympus D-550 (7 years old) and a Kodak EasyShare V803 (1 year old that was a gift). I really don't like the Kodak at all mainly b/c the shutter lag is so slow, inside the pictures turn out dark, lots of pictures turn out blurry and overall I don't like the image quality. I think the Olympus takes much better and faster pictures but it is really getting old so I would think a new one with newer technology would give better results.

Do you think the FZ35 is a lot better than the H20 to justify the extra $100 and extra bulk? I will mainly use the photos for making photo books and up to 8x10 prints. I would also like good video quality. Photography is one of my hobbies and I would like to get more professional looking photos of my kids - not just flat looking "snapshots". I would love a dSLR but after looking at them and seriously considering it, I am not ready to move up to that yet mainly because of size. I know it would give me better pictures. I guess size is my biggest concern with the FZ35. Is it possible to fit in a jacket pocket? I don't want to miss shots b/c I don't have it with me.

Are there any other cameras I should be considering - like the Panasonic ZS3, Canon SX200, Canon S90 or Panasonic LX3? I would like to stay under $400.

Also do you think prices will go down after Christmas or should I go ahead and order something tomorrow or Thursday? Thanks so much for all the info on this site. It has really helped me in trying to figure this out!
calmmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links