Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 24, 2009, 10:18 PM   #1
Default still torn between t1i and d90

so i put up a post a while ago trying to decide between the t1i and d90 and ended up buying the t1i...while the video and picture quality are great, i feel like i might have made the wrong choice..the problem is that i wasnt able to try out both cameras at the store...so with a final post i must ask again what should i get???
sa21189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2009, 10:42 PM   #2
Super Moderator

if you are happy with the video and picture quality, i am not sure exactly what the point of this question is?

the t1i and the d90 are equally capable cameras. there is very little performance difference between the 2 models. you can't go wrong either way. you chose the t1i and its a great camera, you would gain nothing by going to the d90.

keep your camera and learn to use it well.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2009, 10:54 PM   #3

I faced the same decision, and finally opted for the Nikon D-90. I am really happy with my choice.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2009, 3:53 AM   #4

The differences between them are minor, the ergonomics probably being the most significant. If you like how your T1i feels, you made the right choice.
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2009, 9:32 AM   #5

If the camera fits your ergo and photographic needs and you are happy with it, you do not need to second guess yourself. If you are unhappy with it then you may second guess yourself.

In allot of areas the two camera compete with each other while canon really design the t1i to go after the d5000. So don't think that the t1i is any less of a camera base on it's price. Give canon credit for give you more in the camera.

You really got a great camera. Enjoy it.

Merry X-Mas

Last edited by shoturtle; Dec 25, 2009 at 2:41 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2009, 2:32 PM   #6
Super Moderator

They are both lovely cameras, the 90D is slight step above the T1i but we are not talking anything major but the Canon kit lens is a better one. If you were an avid sports shooter I would take the D90 other than that stick with what you have as it will give you some great results.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote