Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 15, 2010, 8:18 AM   #81

A reputable vendor is probably the most important thing. ;-)

You want to make sure the lens is in excellent condition and works properly on your camera (autofocuses correctly at all focal lengths and apertures, no optical defects like one side or one corner softer than the others, etc.).

For example, these are my favorite vendors of used gear, in order of preference (and I've bought used gear from all of them):

I'd look for vendors with a good return policy, as well as short term warranty on used gear, with a reputation for fair grading (one that checks out gear carefully and grades it accordingly).

For example, here's where you'll find the return policy and warranty for keh.com:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:51 PM   #82
Default Message from Helen at Adorama Camera

Originally Posted by Wonger View Post
what are things that i need to look for when buying a used lens? i would probably check for scratches on the lens. dents or chips, if it comes with all original accesories, if the blades in the lens are working and if it fits the camera properly. what else should i look out for?
I've got a handy guide to things to look for when buying a used lens; I can't post it because I can't remember how I came by it - so wouldn't be able to credit the author.
However, if you'd like to contact me directly, I'd be very happy to send it to you.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

HelenOster is offline   Reply With Quote