Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 23, 2010, 12:17 AM   #1
Default Am I making a good choice?

I have been obsessing for 10 days about what point and shoot to buy. As technology so quickly evolves, I have heartburn about paying a lot for a pocket camera. I am pulling the trigger tomorrow, (if at least one of you experts approve) on the Panasonic DMC ZS1. I know about the lack of HD, but I am not too tech-savvy. Costco has it on for $179.99. The lens seems to have rave reviews. Would you support my decision????

I feel a bit guilty for not choosing a Canon.
tatiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2010, 12:24 AM   #2

The panny ZS1 is a very good point and shoot, it is a very good price. If you are not into video, the HD is a biggy. My DSLR has full HD but I never use it. It does not make sense to me to pay for features you will not use. And yes it uses leica lens, which are very good. You should serve you well and capture memories for years.
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2010, 8:58 AM   #3

The ZS-1 is a great outdoor camera, but I becomes poor to only fair with indoor photos due to it very tiny and underpowered built-in flash unit. A better choi ce would be the ZR-1, with a better image stabilizer, and a new image processor at a bit more in price. No HD on the ZR-1 either.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote