Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 23, 2010, 7:27 PM   #1
Default GH1 or EP2 for hybrid video use?

Hi everyone,
I am contemplating between the Panasonic GH1 and the Oly EP2, as I need a camera to bridge between my dSLR and a video camera for short films.

Since the price is comparable, the debate is down to other qualities. Apart from the GH1 being able to also shoot 1080i, there may be few differences on paper, in reviews. especially since no one seems to have done a review comparing the two for video, side by side.

Have any of you?

The only serious thing that i have thought to have found, since again no one addresses it in reviews, is that it looks as though the EP2 cant do EVF and microphone at the same time, as it cannot also do EVF and flash at the same time, which seems like an odd compromise.

Input please?

tobias_f is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2010, 3:18 AM   #2

I don't have either camera but I do have the G1/EP1 and I can tell you that the G1 is a much friendlier camera in terms of operation and offers more features. Unfortunately the G1 does not do movies but my guess is that the GH1 is superior than the EP2. The EP2 offers in-body IS but no flash or swivel LCD and the EVF is an extra piece attached to the top of the camera, which adds to the size making it not as small as it seems. GH1 battery consumption is also better.

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote