Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 25, 2010, 2:51 PM   #1
Default Looking for HD camcorder reviews

I got some great advice here before my latest camera purchase. Now I'd like to start researching some HD camcorders but don't see a dedicated category here. Looking for at least 20x optical zoom and a price range up to $600 for now.

Can anyone help please with suggestions from personal experience or links to reviews ?
Logo10heli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2010, 3:50 PM   #2

JVC GZ HD300 is a pretty good consumer model, it is not as fancy as the canon or sony. But it is currently on sale for less the 500 dollars. That is what I have. It is pretty small unit. It is a 60gb Hard Drive HD camcorder the size of the Flash memory HD camcorder. Which was important for me because it is more compact for traveling.
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:27 AM   #3

Currently we only have reviews of a few of the pocket style digital camcorders. However, we will be adding in-depth reviews of HD camcorders this year as soon as we get our testing processes down and our reviewers trained.

So, hopefully in the future we'll be able to point you to some of Steve's reviews.

In the mean time, I'm going to move your post down to our What Camera Should I Buy? forum, where I think you might get some more input. While this is more geared towards digital cameras, I'm sure you'll get some great advice from members who own digital camcorders as well.

Thanks for joining, and we hope you enjoy your stay.
billy is offline   Reply With Quote