Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 27, 2010, 5:41 PM   #1
Default Canon D10 vs Tough-8000 Which to buy?

I am in a position where I can buy either the D10 or Tough 8000, within dollars of each other. The D10 is slightly cheaper, but not much to worry about or use as a deciding factor. I own a Nikon D40, which is my primary camera. I am looking at getting a secondary camera for occasions where I don't want to carry a camera the size of a DSLR and for instances where there may be "camera danger" present. I am taking a cruise in a about a month and will be kayaking and staying in the Outer Banks later this summer, so the ability to take shots in, under, or near the water is appealing. While I am looking at this for the purposes of water shots, I may likely uses this for general purpose, again, when I don't want to carry the bulk of the DSLR (and sometimes the accessories). I am summing up the points to both cameras as follows:

-appears to have better pic quality
-uses my existing memory cards

-more compact
-panoramic mode (have some good ideas for this feature)

I have reviewed pics, of the same subject, from the two cameras on this site. Comparing, I can see the difference. In normal use, does anyone feel the difference is extreme or minor? I would appreciate any advise that anyone can give out there.

Thank you
car1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2010, 7:15 PM   #2

Welcome to the Forum. We're delighted that you dropped by.

In terms of waterproof cameras, certainly the Canon D-10 is the top choice. Next is the Pentax W-80, or if you want underwater HD video, look at the Pentax WS-80.
The Olympus Tough 8000 would be near the bottom of my choices.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote