Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:41 PM   #1
Default Canon SD780 or SD1200?

After getting some great advice here I purchased (from Airmiles.ca) a Sony H-20 and am very happy with how it's working out so far. Now to get something for my husband, what he would really like is something very compact and uncomplicated that gives some great results. He's an avid fisherman, so he'll be taking it on the boat with him to get pics of those great big fish he's going to catch.

There will be some indoor use as well, but not as much as outdoor. If the HD video is the only advantage to the 780, I'm not sure it's worth the extra cost, but I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on which might be the better choice.

These are my only two choices currently, as I am again shopping with airmiles and these are my top picks in the ultra compact category.
As well, according to Steve's reviews of these, it sounds like the controls on the 1200 are a little tougher to manage for someone with large hands than the 780. Does that sound about right? According to specifications the SD1200 size is 3.48 x 2.16 x 0.86 in. and the SD780 is 3.43 x 2.15 x 0.72 in.
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:58 PM   #2

Yes, the HD video is the only advantage of the SD-780, and its still photos are only fair. So the SD-1200 is the better choice.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote