Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 9, 2010, 1:39 PM   #11

I can see your scene of working with children. I've been there. I hope you don't mind a long post. I babysit my grandchildren so their parents can work and I use the camera almost daily.
I take photos:
To email to the parents at work so they can see what we're doing or just see something cute.
To email to family and friends to keep in touch.
To make photo albums. I make one for each child and we enjoy looking at it and talking about what we've done.
To make calendars, photo books and gifts. Each child and grandchild gets their own special calendar with photos on most dates. We have photos on mugs, mouse pads, pillow cases, key rings, growth charts, puzzles and pencil holders to name a few.
To give as gifts. I give a small album as wedding or party gift and send photos as soon as possible. I usually order the prints that night on the internet and have them shipped or picked up near them.
To make photo postcards. I send them for every occasion. I use Walmart (you may not have) because they will print just one. I also have had grandchildren make cards and put the photo on the front. I've used their art work as the card too with a photo on it.
To make thank you cards. At parties I take a picture with the birthday child and the guest and use it to make cards or postcards.
To frame.
We have a Flip video camera and a HD Camcorder. I have emailed videos but I worry that they may not be downloaded and I'm not as comfortable sending them.
They call me Mimi and I'm know as Mimirazzi. I always have a camera near. I hope you enjoy your grandchildren as much as we do. I'll check out your site. Jane

Last edited by j320; Feb 9, 2010 at 1:41 PM.
j320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 1:47 PM   #12

Welcome to the Forum. We're delighted that you dropped by.

You make an excellent point about the inclusion of video clips as well as video to catch the joy of children at play.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote