Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 16, 2010, 2:12 PM   #1
Default I'm back again ...:-)

OK, I apologize for what is seeming a bit neurotic at this point.

I thought I had everything sorted out having purchased a FZ35 to accompany my S90. Around the same time, I also bought a ZS3 as I was having trouble deciding whether I wanted a pocket sized zoom camera as well, Costco had a sale with a great return policy and I was underwhelmed by what I was hearing about the new crop of superzooms with yet higher megapixels. In the meantime I decided to enroll in a basic photography class.

So all is well and today I realize that the FZ35 has a defect and I need to return it. There are several "spots" behind the lens probably caused by the manufacturing process. As I had mentioned in a previous post, I will be traveling to Costa Rica in about a month. So I am now trying to decide if I should just take the S90 and ZS3 and leave the "other" larger camera issue for another day or if I should just replace the FZ35 and take that because I will miss the extra zoom if I just have the ZS3. Although I like the FZ35 and enjoy that it is versatile and light, I wonder if my desire for a smallish DSLR may be piqued as I continue with my class.

To add one other piece of information, the ZS3 is returnable for quite some time, so I don't have to keep that either if I come up with another option.

So once again, I look for thoughts/opinions, etc. as I revisit the issue one more time.
Jazzer251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2010, 3:33 PM   #2

Why not just get the FZ-35 replaced. It is a much better camera than the ZS3.

Beyond that you only have one other option. That is a DSLR camera. With the Pentax Kx down to $499.00, this might be the time.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote